As scientists have long proved, a person remembers well only those events that he associates with some kind of smell. The smell of citrus and pine needles in most of our compatriots immediately reminds of the New Year celebrations. And this is just one of many examples. A person by smell can determine the state of the product, and many women have developed their sense of smell so much that they manage to determine the amount of salt in cooked dishes. Smells play a very important role in our life, and one cannot but agree with this. Of course, a certain smell in your home can create a pleasant, and along with a comfortable microclimate, a healthy atmosphere.
Main sources of bad odors
Very often there are dwellings furnished with beautiful furniture, in which wonderful people live, but such houses do not even “smell” of a pleasant climate. But it’s all about the heavy and musty air that appears in an apartment with malfunctioning or no ventilation. High humidity makes it possible for fungi and mold to multiply, which spread an unpleasant odor. In the absence of ventilation, moisture is not removed outside the premises, the clothes become damp and also begin to exude quite unhealthy odors.
In the fight against high humidity, air dryers, which modern industry produces in large quantities, will help you. Buying a dehumidifier today is quite simple in almost any home appliance store.
In winter, when the heating system dries the air in our home, the atmosphere in it cannot be called pleasant and healthy either. Tightly closed windows and vents reduce air exchange in our apartment to a minimum. Dust and stuffiness, dry skin and mucous membranes of the nose and throat, reduced immunity — these are the consequences of central heating when the ventilation system is not working properly. Create a comfortable and healthy microclimate, as well as fill the house with pleasant and healthy smells for you.
Appointment of an air humidifier with aromatization
There is no need to talk about the appointment of fairly popular humidifiers for a long time, since the media and TV screens almost every day broadcast about the usefulness and indispensability of this device. Many people are more interested in a humidifier as a full-fledged device for aromatherapy, its effect on a person’s well-being, his mood, and, accordingly, on creating a “pleasant climate” in a home.
with aromatization is a household appliance that, together with water vapor, also evaporates aromatic oils. Getting into the air, the smallest water particles humidify the air in the room, and fill it with phytoncides found in essential oils.
The benefits and harms of aromatic oils
Essential oils have been used to treat various ailments since time immemorial, and today, even modern science recognizes their effect. Phytoncides, through olfactory receptors, enter the bloodstream and have an effect on the human body as quickly as possible. Essential oils work especially well for restoring the psycho-emotional state of the patient and his nervous system. Aromatic oils for a humidifier have a positive effect on:
- Concentration and performance of the brain.
- The body’s resistance to viruses and certain types of pathogenic bacteria.
- The work of the cardiac and respiratory systems.
- Condition of human skin and hair.
Many essential oils, due to the presence of antioxidants in their composition, prevent the rapid aging of the body and remove carcinogens from it. They have long been used as phytovegetarian regulators that help cure many diseases.
But we should not forget that every medal has a reverse side. can cause quite a lot of harm, which can be caused by the wrong dosage and blending of essential oils. And it consists in:
- Allergic reactions, which occur in many allergy sufferers, after inhaling arborvitae and sage oils. Especially with caution should be treated inhalation of aromatic oils of people suffering from bronchial asthma. An attack can begin quite suddenly, so the addition of aromatic oils to a humidifier is possible for such people only after visiting a doctor and receiving his recommendations.
- Possible bleeding in pregnant women, especially after inhaling oils such as cedarwood, basil, sage and rosemary. You can take aromatherapy only after consulting a doctor. Breastfeeding mothers should also be wary of such procedures, since what the mother inhales will be in the baby’s blood in a few seconds.
You should know that people with diseases of the kidneys, thyroid gland, in cases of elevated body temperature, should refrain from using aromatic oils.
Most popular humidifier fragrances
The essential oils that are added to a humidifier-flavor are actually countless. The most popular among our compatriots are aromatic oils with odors:
- orange. The smell of this fruit improves mood, relieves fatigue and helps with anxiety and insomnia. Orange essential oil stimulates digestion and stabilizes cardiac activity.
- Basilica. Basil oil is a powerful sedative and has antispasmodic and antibacterial properties. When combined with eucalyptus, basil oil greatly enhances its antimicrobial properties.
- Bergamot. This oil effectively reduces fever, and is a means of combating fungi, perfectly increases creativity, and increases appetite.
- Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus volatile is a powerful antimicrobial and antiviral agent that is used to repel blood-sucking insects. One of the most sought after oils today.
- Lemon. The aroma of this fruit is an excellent antiviral drug. It is used for migraines, has shown itself well in the prevention of influenza and other viral diseases.
- Lavender. Little lavender is also very popular with our compatriots. The aroma of lavender relieves nervous tension, eliminates depression, fights fears and hysteria.
But you should know that not every humidifier can be a kind of “aroma lamp”. First of all, humidifiers that have this function are suitable for aromatherapy and filling your home with your favorite smell. All steam devices for increasing the humidity of the air are excellent for this. It is enough to add essential oil to the air humidifier and you can enjoy your favorite aroma for a long time. There are some models of ultrasonic humidifiers that are suitable for air aromatization. If you don’t have a humidifier, or you need one without a scent function, you can always make your own.
If the aromatization function is not indicated in the instruction manual, then adding aromatic oils and any other additives to the water tank is strictly prohibited. This can be unhealthy and life-threatening for your humidifier.