Many of our compatriots refuse to use such a blessing of civilization as air conditioning, motivating their decision by the lack of space or living conditions that do not correspond to the power of climate technology. As an alternative to the “bulky” choose a more compact fan. But in vain, because not all modern split systems require a lot of space for installation. This article will talk about really small room air conditioners that will fit perfectly into the interior of the smallest room.
What does the modern climate technology market offer?
To date, the smallest air conditioners are some monoblock models, including:
- Portable units that operate both from a household electrical outlet and from a rechargeable battery. This technique is the best choice for small office premises, for summer cottages, etc. Many people take portable air conditioners with them on hikes: they perfectly cool the tent.
- Window monoblocks. The smallest air conditioners of this line can be mounted even in standard window vents.
- Mobile or portable air conditioners. These devices are equipped with wheels and can be easily moved from one living space to another.
You should know that a small air conditioner is not necessarily a low-power device. Many typical representatives of this line of climate technology can easily compete in performance even with fairly powerful installations.
Search for a device and the difficulty in choosing it
Most often, a person is faced with the choice of miniature equipment solely out of necessity. Lack of space, difficulty with installation — these are the main reasons for purchasing small air conditioners. The following are some practical guidelines for choosing the right product.
- Before buying, you should decide on the type of air conditioner that will ideally fit your home: a portable device, a split system or a monoblock window.
- Question price. Japanese manufacturers require up to 20 thousand rubles for high-quality miniature equipment; European — from 10 to 15 thousand rubles; There are also cheaper models from lesser known manufacturers. If you have funds of about 20 thousand rubles, then feel free to choose your favorite model of famous Japanese manufacturers. If the funds are less than 10 thousand rubles, then opt for a manufacturer from the Middle Kingdom that you trust.
- If you want to install a split system, then measure the free space in the room, because the smallest representatives of this line have overall dimensions of 550x250x150 mm. Almost all companies are engaged in the production of split systems with such dimensions, so choosing the most suitable device is quite simple.
- If there is no free space on the walls, and air conditioning is simply vital, then you can opt for a miniature window air conditioner. This choice has its advantages and disadvantages. The main advantage of such models is that even if there is no place in the room at all, then for the “window” it will always be there. The disadvantage can be considered a high noise level, since all devices are in the same module. The best choice for a manufacturer of miniature window monoblocks would be a company from the Land of the Rising Sun or Europe.
- If you need a small home air conditioner that needs to be periodically moved to different rooms, then the right choice would be to focus on portable devices made in China. At a low cost, you can get a fairly high-quality and functional device, of which more than 100 models are offered there.
The main manufacturers of small air conditioners
The Frigidaire FAX052P7A model is in constant demand among consumers. USA manufacturer.
With more than modest dimensions of a small air conditioner (300x390x300 mm.), The device shows excellent cooling capacity — 1.5 kW / h. with an energy efficiency coefficient of 9.7 units. According to the manufacturer, this power is enough to cool a room with an area of 45 m2. In addition to good power, this model is equipped with a serious filtration system, 2‑speed fan and airflow control.
The only problem with this “baby” is the connection to our power grid. The device is powered by 110 v, which will require our compatriots to complete the device with a special adapter.
Without exaggeration, LG LP6000ER Air Conditioner can be considered one of the smallest models. Producer South Korea
Remarkable low profile design and modern “appearance” makes it the most attractive of the entire line of miniature climate control equipment. In addition to design, this almost silent device has excellent cooling capacity (1.8 kW) and good functionality: 3 fan speeds, 3 cooling modes, auto-restart, 4 air jet directions, etc. LG LP6000ER is an excellent air conditioner for a small room.
Small mobile monoblock Hyundai HAP 1–03C-UI001. Producer South Korea.
The modest dimensions of this model (375x500x285 mm) and average performance (1 kW) make the device almost ideal for a small room. The device is equipped with good functionality (work in automatic, ventilation, dehumidification modes). In addition, the device has a timer, 3 fan speeds, which makes it a full-fledged representative of a full-fledged climate technology.
The choice of miniature climatic equipment in Russian stores is quite extensive. Despite the widest range of models of air conditioners with modest dimensions, consult with a specialist before purchasing. If the dimensions of the room do not allow you to install any of the above models, then pay attention to the ceiling split systems.