Reading 4 min Views 303
Porcelain stoneware is an ideal option for arranging a ventilated facade. The use of this material provides a multiplex effect. After installation, operating costs are significantly reduced, the construction pays off in an average of 6 years, and the resource of the structure increases from 30 to 50 years. But such indicators can be achieved only on the condition that the installation technology of the ventilated porcelain stoneware facade will be carried out flawlessly, without deviations and free interpretations.
Ask an expert
Errors in the installation of a ventilated porcelain stoneware facade begin to manifest themselves after a few seasons. Most often, the design ceases to fulfill its main function — providing natural ventilation. After that, it loses its protective properties and finishing material.
The sequence of operations for creating a ventilated facade from porcelain stoneware slabs
Structurally, porcelain stoneware ventilated facades are a cake of three layers: a supporting frame, a heat insulator and a protective screen. They are formed in a strict sequence. But the most important stage is the project, which is created on the basis of the results of the survey of the building, the calculation of thermal characteristics, and the development of the installation scheme. Based on it, materials and a fastening system are selected.
Ask an expert
For contractors, the main document is a technological map, which is compiled taking into account the technical characteristics and characteristics of materials, including their dimensions. And also the attachment points are drawn in detail in it. It must be understood that the technological map cannot be universal, since each object has its own specifics.
This stage includes several organizational activities that must be performed sequentially:
- allocate a working area around the entire perimeter of the building, the distance from the walls is about 3 meters;
- in the working area, place all materials and tools, including for the installation of the frame.
Such a regulation is prescribed for facing works of a multi-storey building, but it will not be superfluous for a private house either, so your household will be safe. Next, the surfaces of the walls are prepared, protruding and drop-down elements are removed from them. If the project involves a primer, it is applied at this stage.
Marking the surface for mounting fasteners
When marking on the walls of those places where the bearing and support brackets will be installed, one should strictly adhere to the project documentation:
- first, control lines are applied: horizontal along the bottom of the facade and two vertical lines along the edges of the wall;
- the lines should indicate the points where the fasteners will be mounted, first horizontally, then vertically, you need to start from the extreme points, then intermediate ones are formed.
The markings are usually applied with paint, but not with chalk, which can rub off. In the work you need to use tools: a level, a water or laser level and a plumb line.
Mounting system installation
At this stage, the most important condition is the accuracy of installation on the mark of the mounting brackets. Using a perforator, a hole for the hardware is drilled, it should be smaller than the fastener in diameter. Further, paronite gaskets are installed in the formed recesses. the brackets themselves are made with dowel-anchors using a screwdriver.
Heat insulator gasket
Laying is carried out according to the following scheme:
- insulating material is hung on the wall surface through the holes for the brackets;
- the insulation layer is covered with a membrane film, which will provide the structure with protection from moisture, it is temporarily fixed, the edges of the pieces of material are overlapped with a smell of at least 10 cm;
- through the heat insulator and the film, holes are drilled in the wall for the installation of plate-type dowels;
- is performed, it is carried out end-to-end, without gaps, starting from the bottom row, which can be supported by a plinth or starting profile, if trimming is necessary, a hacksaw with a fine tooth is used.
If the project provides for two layers of heat insulator, then the top coating is installed in a checkerboard pattern.
First, vertical profiles are mounted to the supporting brackets:
- they are installed in special grooves on the brackets;
- install the guides on the brackets with rivets, at the joints you need to make a gap of 7 to 10 mm.
Holes are drilled in porcelain stoneware according to the marking, according to the project documentation. In the profile of the frame, the trim elements are fixed with clasps. Installation can be performed in 2 ways: with a seam and without a seam.
Ask an expert
Work can only be done dry, preferably in clear weather, at positive temperatures, in the absence of serious wind loads. So, if it started to rain during installation, the events must be curtailed, and what has already been done should be covered with protective material.
As you can see, the work itself can be performed by a non-specialist, having some skills in working with a tool, time and a scrupulous approach to operations. But still, to achieve the desired result when using the technology of installing a ventilated porcelain stoneware facade without the involvement of specialists is a very problematic solution. Only a competent project, the right choice of materials and strict implementation of the recommendations can guarantee the success of the work.