One of the first air conditioning devices is a window-type device. Previously, they could be seen everywhere, hanging from the windows of apartment buildings. But over time, people switched to more advanced systems, installing modern devices. However, this is not a reason to abandon window air conditioners.
Although they are somewhat inferior to others, such devices can be a convenient option due to their compact size. In addition, their technical equipment has also improved significantly, therefore, in terms of functionality, they are fully consistent with modern requirements.
Air conditioning scheme
The fresh air window air conditioner has a simple structure. Everything he needs to work is collected in one small monoblock. It does not have any detachable parts that can cause leakage, and refrigerant charging is done in a workshop environment. This explains the reliability of such devices, they can work for a long time without interruption and practically do not require refueling.
The disadvantages of this technique include the fact that it is installed in the window opening and reduces the degree of illumination. If the windows themselves are small, then this can be quite inconvenient. In addition, all monoblock devices are noisy, since their loudest part is also inside the common box and cannot be taken outside, as is the case with modular systems.
It is advisable to check the noise level of the device while still on the trading floor by turning it on at full power. Although manufacturers are making various attempts to reduce the number of sounds, the devices still remain quite noisy due to the operation of the compressor and fans.
At the air conditioner, there are louvers on the duct opening that direct the air flow. Their position can be adjusted manually, setting the flow up or down, depending on whether the device is working for cooling or heating. For more modern models, it is also possible to adjust the position in different directions, and this happens automatically, using a small motor.
Principle of operation
A window air conditioner with air supply from the street can work for cooling, as well as perform the function of a conventional fan. Some models also heat the air, but they can do this if the temperature outside is not lower than ‑3 degrees, otherwise the device will break.
The principle of operation of this type of equipment is also associated with the circulation of the coolant in the system. The pressure is generated by a compressor. The air is pumped into the unit, where it gives off heat to the cooler, and then enters the room. The window flow-through air conditioner does not have any special unique nuances; its cooling principle is the same as that of other split systems. The difference is only in the design and technical parameters — power, available functions.
A window air conditioner with outdoor air can be installed by following the instructions that are usually included with the appliances when they are purchased. As a rule, there is all the information in Russian, as well as diagrams with a visual demonstration, so during the installation process it is quite possible to understand:
- The easiest way is to install the device in a regular window, without double-glazed windows. First you need to prepare a hole where the body of the device will be placed. You also need to carefully choose a place so that the air conditioner is protected from rain or snow.
- It is not necessary to install the device close to the ceiling, the minimum distance should be 20 cm. Also, from the outside, any obstacles to air intake should be excluded — billboards or decor elements.
- To properly drain the condensate, you need to install the air conditioner so that the outer edge is slightly lower than the inner one, by about 10 cm.
- After installation, it is necessary to process the hole with sealing foam so that there are no gaps left.
- If the device is not too powerful, then it can be plugged into a regular outlet, but for devices that consume a lot of energy, you will need to make separate wiring from the switchboard. In this case, you need to resort to the help of an electrician or take care of this issue yourself, if you have the necessary skills.
Tip: to protect the outside of the air conditioner from various atmospheric phenomena, you can put a plastic or metal visor over it. This element is not included in the kit, but it is easy to make it yourself. This can extend the life of your air conditioner.
Oa horse-mounted air conditioner as a supply ventilation does its job well, so it can be purchased if for some reason it is not possible to install a conventional split system. Manufacturers continue to produce models of this type, so it is easy to find a modern device that has all the necessary functions:
- General Climate offers the GCW-09HRN1 model equipped with various features. This device can work for heating, it has a timer, automatic mode and remote control. The price is 12–15 thousand rubles.
- LG releases the W07LC. It can only work for cooling, and also ventilates the room, there is an installed antibacterial filter. Management is manual. The cost is quite affordable — 10 thousand rubles.
- Samsung has AW07NOC model, can cool and ventilate. There is a night mode and an antibacterial filter. The device costs 9 thousand rubles.
Even well-known manufacturers produce quite affordable models that buyers with a limited budget can afford, so there is no need to go through the assortment for a long time, looking for various analogues. This is one of the advantages of such air conditioners — they are cheaper than split systems, which allows you to save a lot. However, with all the right features, a window air conditioner will do an excellent job of cooling the room.