In order to be comfortable in the country house not only in summer, but also in the winter cold, it is necessary to equip it with heating equipment that would maintain the optimum temperature. The presence of a long-burning stove will solve the problem of warmth and comfort in the house.
Features of long-burning stoves for heating cottages
Their device is somewhat different from conventional models. Such a furnace has a special design in which the internal combustion chamber consists of 2 compartments. The lower compartment is used for fuel combustion in conditions of limited oxygen supply, so its use is extremely economical.
In the upper compartment there are nozzles and an injector that operates in afterburning mode. That is, the fuel in such a furnace slowly smolders, due to which it lasts for a very long time.
Another name for such heating equipment is gas generator. And this is due to its principle of operation: in it, the flow of air into the furnace is blocked due to its tightness, so that the wood burns slowly. As a result, under the influence of high temperature, it decomposes into 2 components — pyrolysis gas and coke (charcoal). And both of these components are used in the operation of the furnace, so its efficiency is quite high.
Long-burning stoves can run on wood or wood processing waste — sawdust. Also, solid fuels on which this equipment can operate include coal and peat. There are models that run on liquid fuel, but it is still preferable to use dry stoves.
Advantages and disadvantages of long-burning stoves for summer cottages
The advantages of such equipment include the following:
- Fuel for the furnace is relatively cheap, especially since its consumption is economical. As a result, the operation of the furnace can be described as cost-effective.
- Maintaining this oven is extremely easy. When fully loaded, it functions independently for quite some time.
- Since the operation of the furnace is based on the inflow of air, the design provides for the presence of draft and outflow of exhaust gases. This makes the oven safe to use.
- On the market for modern furnace equipment, there are models of interesting design and compact dimensions, so you can fit it into your design very harmoniously.
- The heating of the room during prolonged burning of the stove occurs cyclically, that is, the room is cool at first, then warmer, even hotter. It is believed that this option has the best effect on the human body.
The disadvantages of a long-burning furnace include the following:
- Temperature fluctuations in the room can adversely affect the condition of furniture, books and other furnishings.
- To store firewood for the stove, you need to equip a separate barn.
- Such a stove can only heat a room with a relatively small area.
- For the furnace, you need to equip the chimney, strictly following the rules and regulations.
How to choose a long-burning stove for a summer residence?
Getting to the choice of heating equipment, you need to first calculate the area of u200bu200bthe room, your financial capabilities, consider wishes for the design of the furnace, its technical and functional features.
It is very important to immediately calculate what is the maximum area and heating time for a particular equipment. So, a stove of various configurations can heat from 80 to 250 square meters.
Depending on the smoldering time of one batch of fuel, furnaces come with a minimum heating time (3–4 hours), with an average (6–8 hours) and with a maximum time (10 or more hours).
In addition, the furnace itself can be made of different materials: steel, cast iron or brick. You also need to decide whether your stove will run on solid or liquid fuel. Universal models have not yet been invented.
If you plan to install a stove in the kitchen, then you can consider purchasing a model with a hob.